Friday, August 8, 2008

There is a Major Golf Championship this weekend?

Yes believe it or not there is still some golf to be played even though Tiger Woods is done for the season. All is not lost at least Singh is the leader early on Day 2 of the PGA Championships at Oakland Hills Country Club. Oh wait.... what's that? It's not Vijah Singh that's leading the PGA Championships right now? I'm sorry but who the heck is Jeev Milkha Singh?? Probably Vijay's long lost cousin or something.


Now listen I was all about watching Rocco battle Tiger in sudden death and I will admit that until the final round actually started at the British Open I was into it... that is until the Shark made bogey on the first 5 holes or something close to that and made the rest of the day a snoozefest. Again, I was all about the Tigerless golf, but this.... ha well now this I'm not so sure about. I don't think I can get into Jeev Milkha Singh winning the PGA Championship this weekend, if that's the case don't even mention golf to me again until the Master's next year.


We are in luck however, Sergio Garcia is tied for 2nd at -1 and Phil Mickelson isn't far behind at (E) even par thus far. There are actually a lot of big names on the leaderboard right now and I think we may be in for a nice little golf tourny this weekend. One that may actually be worth watching... but no matter what happens, when all is said and done you still have to ask yourself, WWTHD - what would Tiger have done?




Hint: Not this




No comments: