Monday, August 25, 2008

Bengals QB Palmer treated for broken nose

CINCINNATI -- Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer broke his nose during Saturday night's preseason game against the New Orleans Saints, but coach Marvin Lewis said he should be ready for the regular-season opener.  This guy just can't catch a break... oh wait, yes he can.

Alright that was terrible sorry but seriously I just feel bad for Carson Palmer at this point.  The guy plays for a team that provides him with zero help on the defensive side of the ball so they can't even hold down the lead if he gets them there, TJ Housh and Ocho Cinco were both banged up for this game (I'm assuming they'll be fine for the regular season opener) so he was throwing to 2nd and 3rd string guys and clearly he needs offensive line help because although he went 11-16 he was knocked down 5 times and sacked 3 out of those 5 times, including the last one that broke his nose.

To put a fantasy spin on this whole team I'll say use EXTREME CAUTION!!  Now I'm not saying that none of the Bengals offensive players won't be valuable this season, because they will, but I urge you to use caution when selecting them.  Evaluate their schedule, look at who else is out there and choose wisely.  I say this partly because I was a burn victim of Carson Palmer last year in 
my keeper league and I've been bitter about it every since.  Palmer threw for 26 TD's last year but had a horrific 20 INT's.  So every week I was counting on big numbers from him because I drafted him expecting it and it just never came.  

Chad Johson, same thing, different league.  Chad Johnson came out to a roaring start last year only to hit the E-break and come to a screeching halt when fantasy teams needed him the most.  Maybe it was that stupid "Future HOF 20--" jacket?  I don't know but I still don't trust him this year, he says he's going to play 100% and he should so he can get a trade out of Cincy and get a decent contract next year but he's never a sure thing.  Last year Chad had 1400 yards and 8 TD's, very nice from a fantasy perspective but if you take out week 2 game against Cleveland where Chad had 200 yards receiving and 2 TD's it brings his numbers down to earth quite a bit.  Also what you may not notice about Chad is that he had a 2 TD game as I mentioned and a 3 TD game later in the season.  That's over half his TD's in 2 games!!!!!  So you can see why I say to use extreme caution with this guy.  He scores in bunches and that's what I look to stay away from in Fantasy football.


2 comments:

The Visionary said...

I agree. Be very cautious in selecting a Bengals player for your fantasy team.

Would you be interested in reviewing my fantasy team on your blog?

Visionary
http://visionarysports.blogspot.com

DAILY STOCK PICKS said...

http://www.dailydaytrades.com/members/dailydaytrades/adminpages/FootballPool

$3000 pool